In response to the BC Government’s call for engagement on Building BC’s Recovery Together, the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies British Columbia (ACEC-BC) has submitted a letter of recommendations to Honourable John Horgan, Premier, and Honourable Carole James, Minister of Finance, Deputy Premier on resources deployment within BC.
As a trusted partner to government, ACEC-BC’s recommendations are based on the Associations values – community, equity, and innovation – and commitment to principles of reconciliation and environmental stewardship. The recommended deployment of resources are based on five key principles:
- Providing all residents with access to basic needs
- Developing community resilience strategies
- Creating active transportation connections and promoting healthy lifestyles
- Educating our future skilled workers
- Making choices that align with other sources of investment
ACEC-BC is proud to advocate for investments that will support safe and healthy communities and will have broad, positive, and lasting economic impact across British Columbia.