Job Post Details
Role: Senior Municipal Engineer
McElhanney offers an opportunity for a senior Municipal Engineer to join a well established and experienced team focusing on industry innovation in project delivery in Kamloops, BC with a broad range of premier municipalities, large land developers, and First Nations clients. We are seeking a technically focused Professional Engineer with exceptional project delivery experience who has a focus on municipal and land development projects.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to join a group of over 10 professional engineers, senior technologists and landscape architects to deliver projects for an increasing demand from established clientele. Our team has exceptional staff retention and works closely together.
What can we offer you?
- This position qualifies for shareholding consideration, as McElhanney is 100% employee owned
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle and maintain the work/life integration that Kamloops can offer
- The individual in this role has the opportunity to work part time no less than 30 hours per week, or 4 days a week.
- Flexible workplace location, even post-COVID opportunity to work from home
- A family-like culture of teamwork, mentorship and growth that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Great benefits, including extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, RRSP matching, and Employee and Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support for all employees and their families either online or over the phone
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Continuous support for your professional development in the direction you want to grow
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading diverse civil projects, such as utility upgrades, roads, site servicing, roundabouts, subdivision design and site servicing planning, First Nations infrastructure assessments, water/wastewater infrastructure, hillside development, complex grading, and stormwater design and modelling
- Technical mentoring of staff
- Work collaboratively with innovative technologists that are using the latest in 3D visualization tools and techniques to advance designs
- Remotely working with and leading teams spread out over 33 different branches on interesting and diverse projects
- Your main focus will be on delivering engineer of record duties to our existing clientele and passing on your technical knowledge to junior staff. Not on work sourcing, business development or staff management.
- Managing projects following robust quality management processes
- Following established safety procedures and be an example of McElhanney’s Think Safe. Work Safe. Home Safe. culture
What You’ll Bring
- At least 15 years’ experience in a municipal and land development engineering project delivery
- Experience in consulting considered a plus
- Demonstrated collaborative design lead experience
- Team player’s attitude and a sense of ownership of role
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng in British Columbia, or ability to obtain this if out of Province
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor