Job Post Details
You want to be part of a diverse, collaborative team of designers and engineers. You enjoy the intricate work of building hydrologic and hydraulic models to represent current and future conditions in a watershed. You take an efficient and rigorous approach to design and are not afraid to ask questions. You enjoy working in a team environment and can delegate work effectively, providing guidance and expertise.
Binnie is looking for a Water Resources Engineer to join our Water Resources Division. Our team has been recognized for notable projects including the role of Owner’s Engineer on the Port Mann Highway 1 Improvement Project. Our team has also recently been involved in the detailed design of the Highway 1 and 216th Street Interchange Project and as Owner’s Engineer for the Highway 91/17 Upgrade Project in Delta.
From our Burnaby office near scenic Deer Lake, you will work with our Water Resources team and technical specialists from other firms to provide the design and analysis of natural watercourses, drainage systems and storm water management on transportation projects.
You will also provide water resources engineering services on a variety of civil infrastructure projects for local municipalities and private developers. This challenging role offers great development opportunities.
- Performing drainage design work in consultation with the Engineer of Record
- Carrying out or supervising the preparation of designs calculations and technical drainage design reports
- Carrying out hydrologic and hydraulic modelling for the design of highway systems (design of culverts, ditches, spillways, fish passage and enclosed drainage systems)
- Assisting in preparation of construction plan drawings, details and specifications
- Assisting in design presentations to clients
- Ensuring quality control procedures are completed as per Binnie’s Organizational Quality Management Policy (OQM)
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 4 to 6 years of progressive experience in the design of drainage infrastructure
- Experience with BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Hydraulic Design Guidelines and EGBC Practice Guidelines
- Registration as a P.Eng. with EGBC (or eligible for immediate registration)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and GIS
- Working experience with hydraulic modelling software (HEC-RAS, PCSWMM, etc.)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
We are the people behind the infrastructure you use every day. We’re small enough to know each other’s names, and big enough to be where we’re needed. As an employee-owned firm and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we take pride in our work and are respected as one of the top engineering firms in British Columbia. We support some of the most important infrastructure in the province and beyond.
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.
People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. We are connected from our field staff to each of our six offices and we support communication between all staff, and across all divisions. You’ll be well connected to the rest of Binnie via phone, video conferencing, and our popular intranet. Whether it’s joining a book club, or writing about your experience in the field, everyone can get involved in their own way.
Interested in this job?
Let us know why you want to work at Binnie, and why you would be a fit as our next Division Manager. Submit your application at the link above.
Thank you for your interest in Binnie. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Binnie embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome any and all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team.