Job Post Details
Bunt & Associates Engineering Ltd.
Established in 1993, Bunt & Associates Engineering Ltd. (Bunt) is an employee owned progressive western Canadian transportation planning and engineering firm with offices in Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton. With experience spanning across Canada, we offer balanced and sophisticated insight to both urban and rural transportation challenges. Our purpose is to provide enterprising solutions to transportation planning and traffic engineering problems, to contribute to building connected and sustainable communities and to support our clients in reaching their project goals. Bunt is a true specialist consultant, providing services related to transportation exclusively.
We are seeking Intermediate Transportation Engineers for our BC and Alberta offices.
Our strength is our people.
Bunt has grown significantly over the last twenty years and much of the company’s success is a result of having the right people on our team. We are a group of highly motivated individuals who work to maintain excellence in client experience and exceptional product delivery. Bunt offers a positive work environment that recognizes the importance of professional development, opportunities for advancement, and a work-life balance. This is our commitment in support of attracting and retaining exceptional people.
Role & Responsibilities
• Planning and managing transportation data collection programs
• Preparation of multi-modal Master Transportation Plans/Corridor Plans
• Traffic operations analysis using industry-standard software including Synchro/SimTraffic and Sidra
• Conceptual and functional design of all types of transportation infrastructure including highways, streets, parking facilities, loading courts, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, transit infrastructure, etc.
• Community or area-wide parking studies
• Traffic management plans during construction
• Traffic signage and pavement marking plans
• Studies supporting various phases of land development such as due diligence studies, Transportation Impact Studies, parking studies, etc. – ranging from single use sites to complex multi-use/multi-phase sites in constrained urban contexts
Desirable Technical Skills:
• Development and calibration of travel demand models using the Metro Vancouver RTM EMME software
• Development and calibration of travel demand models using VISUM
• Traffic operations modelling using VISSIM
• Signal timing plan and traffic engineering checklist preparation
• Functional/preliminary/detailed roadway design and cost estimating
• Regional roadway network planning
• Highway planning
• Railway crossing evaluation and design
• Safety studies
• Transit servicing planning
• Transit facility planning including BRT and LRT
• Cycling and pedestrian master/corridor planning
Excellent verbal, written and graphics communications skills are a must for this position. You will be required to produce, lead and/or or supervise the preparation of the following:
• Professional technical reports
• Public open houses/workshops
• Stakeholder engagement
• Presentations to public agency staff, executives and elected politicians
Project Management & Business Skills:
• All aspects of project and quality management, from small to large projects
• Entrepreneurial mind set for business development and client care
• Proposal and marketing material preparation
• Project and work distribution management
• Junior staff training and mentoring
Qualifications & Experience
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, be registered or eligible with EGBC and have 4+ or more years of experience post graduation that includes progressive technical, project management and business development experience in traffic engineering and transportation planning, preferably in the Metro Vancouver or Vancouver Island markets. Experience in the public sector is considered advantageous.
Bunt offers competitive base salaries in addition to an attractive total rewards package which includes a comprehensive benefits program, flexible work arrangements, generous paid time off, bonus/profit sharing and potential to become a shareholder.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply. Please send your current resume to email@example.com , expressing in your email why you are interested in working with us. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.