Job Post Details
Company: Urban Systems
About the Opportunity
Our growing Kelowna office is looking to add a capable and hardworking individual with a background in engineering or planning to our Transportation practice. Are you keen to benefit from the support of industry professionals while working on exciting and inspiring projects that make a visible difference in many communities? In addition to the learning and project experience, you can:
- Build your transportation engineering skills and develop an understanding of best practices in a practical, real-world setting.
- Develop solutions related to the design and implementation of active transportation facilities, transit, and urban street improvements.
- Carry out traffic analysis and modelling using spreadsheet models and specialized software.
- Support strategic transportation master plans, active transportation plans, neighbourhood plans and other planning level projects.
- Establish relationships and act as the client’s representative on-site during construction to gather information, conduct inspections, and ensure that designs are built to specifications.
- Explore creative and sustainable solutions with our clients to build vibrant communities.
- Provide accurate and timely input on technical reports, plans, studies, proposals, and presentations.
We are searching for a candidate who can work with us in building our practice with a particular emphasis on active transportation, transportation network and corridor planning, and complete street design. In our practice, the individual will work alongside our team to help communities make walking, cycling, public transit, goods movement and driving more safe, accessible, and sustainable. The ideal individual will complement our practice vision and company culture.
Our preferred candidate will have an interest in transportation and be a recent graduate of a civil engineering, civil technologist, or planning program with up to 2 years of experience. Existing transportation planning and engineering knowledge is an asset but not required. In addition, the following attributes would be considered of great benefit to this role:
- You are suited to consulting, given your instincts for:
- Having the ability to listen to others to develop and cultivate positive interpersonal relationships with people from varying backgrounds, including colleagues and clients
- Generating practical solutions to problems in a collaborative work environment
- Working hard to deliver value to our clients and the communities in which we work
- You thrive in a self-directed work environment. You take the initiative, are a problem solver, and continually deliver consistent, high-quality work
- You are passionate about understanding key community dynamics and working closely with clients and partners to provide innovatively and ‘out of the box’ solutions
- You can demonstrate dynamic project experience in general transportation engineering, including:
- Preparation of preliminary investigations and reports on the feasibility, conceptual design, and costs of various types of transportation-related engineering projects
- Carrying out traffic analysis and modelling using spreadsheet models and specialized software.
- Employ pertinent technologies and programs to carry out design, drafting and modelling work (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Synchro, Civil 3D, GIS, etc.).
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills, and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, September 6th 2022 9:00 am PST
If you have individual needs or requirements and request assistance throughout the application process, please get in touch with our recruitment team by email at email@example.com so we can better support you.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities