Job Post Details
Role: Stormwater Engineer – Land Development
Company: Urban Systems
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an energetic intermediate stormwater engineer to join our land development practice based out of our Calgary office. Are you looking to join an organization that supports career growth and development, flexibility and mentorship opportunities? Let’s connect!
Stormwater engineering is an integral part of our land development practice. In this role, you will be working collaboratively with a team of planners, engineers, and environmental professionals. You will benefit from the support of industry professionals while working on challenging and innovative projects that support many local communities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing accurate and timely input on technical reports, plans and studies such as Master Drainage Plans, Pond Reports, Pond Construction Drawings, and Stormwater Management Reports.
- Building relationships with your colleagues, project leaders, and clients.
- Connecting with municipalities, provincial regulators, and other stakeholders to secure project approvals.
- Communicating through a variety of professional mediums including technical, policy writing, negotiation, and public engagement.
- Honing your stormwater skills and developing an understanding of best practices, regulations, design criteria, and processes/equipment/technologies.
- Stormwater modelling employing tools commonly used in the Calgary region (PCSWMM, SWMHYMO, DFASCC, etc.)
- Acting as the client’s representative on-site during construction to gather information, conduct inspections and ensure that designs are built to specifications.
Our ideal candidate will be a graduate of a Civil or Environmental Engineering program with 4+ years of experience, a stormwater/water resources background in land development and a P.Eng. in good standing with APEGA or other provincial professional associations regulating engineering practice.
The following skills, strengths and interests would be considered a benefit to this role:
- Professional experience in all aspects of stormwater management, including master drainage planning, design of stormwater facilities and infrastructure, stormwater analysis, and modelling using a variety of modelling tools.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- You take initiative and seek out opportunities to collaborate with people of varying backgrounds and perspectives.
- You thrive in a self-directed work environment and are able to work on multiple projects at a time.
- On occasion, you are willing to travel to project sites throughout Western Canada.
- You are a professional member with APEGA or eligible to register.
At Urban Systems:
> We are community consultants, brought together by our shared values, and a deep commitment to building vibrant communities.
> We’re local, connected and invested in our communities and clients.
> We’re built on relationships.
> Curiosity and the pursuit of vibrancy inspires us.
> We care, and it’s reflected in our culture and the work we do.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for opportunities to participate in challenging stormwater projects and work with multiple stakeholders? Join a diverse and supportive group of professionals at Urban Systems and take part in impactful work building vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as a team member at Urban Systems:
- Competitive Compensation. Your skills and contributions are valued. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more!
- Paid Time Off. We encourage all team members to take time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones. Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Learn and grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important projects for our clients and their communities.
- Flexible Hours & Work Environment. You have a life outside of work. We offer flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Saving for the Future. To help you achieve your long-term retirement goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program that matches your contributions to an RRSP or TSFA.
- Support through Transitions. You will be supported through life’s moments and transitions, big or small, including generous top-up for parental leave.
- Create Lasting Community Impact. 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life!
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10:00 AM MST