Job Post Details
Role: Assistant Project Manager
McElhanney Ltd. is seeking an Assistant Project Manager with demonstrated leadership capabilities and strong communication skills to join our diverse and growing Project Management Division. This position is well suited for a driven individual who is interested in project delivery of infrastructure projects across BC for our amazing clients and desires to be part of a high functioning team.
The ideal individual is a self-starter, has a high attention to detail, communicates clearly and effectively and is looking to take their career to the next level and advance to a Project Manager role in due time.
McElhanney’s culture of mentorship and career growth make this position ideal for the successful candidate to be mentored by senior management and specialists within our organization.
We are proud to be listed as one of the Best Places to Work in Canada and Platinum Standard for Best Managed Companies. Working with us provides unique opportunities such as building entrepreneurial skills and guiding projects of all sizes from start to finish.
Ideally we would prefer the candidate to be based in Kelowna, however would consider candidates currently based in or are willing to relocate to any of other business centers in southern BC such as Penticton, Cranbrook, Kamloops, and Vernon, including Kelowna.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assisting our Project Managers in the successful delivery of projects of varying scale and complexity with project budgets between $1M & $100M
- Working with multiple McElhanney clients, with an initial focus on provincial and municipal governments
- Participate in and occasionally lead project team meetings, develop and implement Project Management Plans
- Ensuring completion of quality assurance and quality control processes
- Assisting the Project Manager in tasks such as risk identification and analysis, public consultation, interested party engagement and tender & contract document preparation
- Project Tracking, document control, scope management, monthly status and financial reporting and cost estimating
- Work with multiple consultants (design, environmental, etc.), client staff, interested parties, third-party utilities to achieve the project goals
- Support writing proposals
- Working with our contract managers, administrators and other Project Management Division staff
- Short-term travel will be required from time to time
What You’ll Bring:
- A degree or diploma in a related field, such as Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or other from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in project management
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- An interest in building relationships with numerous clients, consultants, and stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ownership of project tasks
- SAVE International, IAP2, PMP or other PMI certification is an asset
- Advanced computer (Microsoft Office, MS Project, PowerPoint), technical writing and presentation skills
What Can We Offer You?
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Great benefits, including extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Relocation allowance, if applicable
- Employee and Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support for all employees and their families either online or over the phone
- A family-like culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Continuous support for your professional development and growth through our Mentorship Program that gives our staff access to industry-leading mentors from a multidisciplinary